CALL FOR PAPERS 2013
EuroCHRIE Conference 2013 in Freiburg, Germany
Dates of Conference: 16 - 19 October
The EuroCHRIE 2013 conference theme is:
Cooperative Education and Research for Hospitality and Tourism
The conference places emphasis on the mutual relationships between hospitality and tourism education and industry. The purpose is to examine ways of bringing together universities and colleges with hospitality and tourism organisations to create new learning opportunities.
The conference also offers the opportunity for delegates to learn from experts about the latest developments, trends and techniques, to share ideas with colleagues in an international atmosphere, to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
Papers are invited from academics, students and practitioners that address topics that fit within the overall conference theme including the following:
- Work-based or workplace learning and/or research
- Professional training
- Industry engaged learning and/or research
- Collaborative education
- Industry based learning and/or research
- Vocational education and training
- Fieldwork education and/or research
- Service learning and/or research
- Community-based learning and/or research
- Internships (practicum) and work exchanges
- Career and technical education
- Education/industry links to promote cooperative education
- Business games/simulations
- Intercultural/cross-cultural cooperative education
Or the following speciality subject areas:
- Life skills
- Workforce development
- Application of academic learning
- Research and knowledge transfer
- Knowledge creation and utilisation
- Graduate competencies
- Community development
- Professional development
- Curriculum development and reinforcement
- Workplace ethics
Contributions are welcome from areas such as Human Resources, Marketing, Information Technology, Operations Management, Destination Management and Alternative Forms of Travel, Tourism and Hospitality as long as they fit within the theme of the conference.
- Both research and ‘best practice’ papers are invited. Research papers can be either conceptual or empirical studies.
- Conceptual papers should build on existing knowledge. While these studies will consist mainly of a review of the literature, authors should also provide a rationale for the paper and clearly indicate the contribution the paper makes to theory and/or practice.
- Empirical papers should include a rationale, literature review, methodology, analysis and discussion of the findings and implications of the study for theory and/or practice.
- ‘Best Practice’ papers should go beyond a mere description of current practice. They should be informed by the relevant literature, provide a critical reflection of current practice and make recommendations for improving practice.
Papers from either category should meet the following guidelines:
- Maximum 3000 words excluding the title, abstract and references
- Abstract maximum of 150 words
- Keywords: maximum 6
- Be prepared in Word
- Be written in English (UK spelling) and be free from grammatical and spelling errors
Paper Submission: Monday, 25th Feb. 2013, no later than 17:00 CET-Central European Time
Notification of acceptance: on or before Monday, 15th April, 2013
After a blind, double peer review notification will be given of acceptance as full paper or as a poster presentation. Papers will be judged on the appropriateness of the topic to the conference theme, the quality of the writing and research (where appropriate) and the contribution to theory and/or practice.
2013 Conference Proceedings Style Guide
To assist you in preparing your paper for submission, a Style Guide has been prepared in MS Word. Typing directly into the document is an easy and effective way to ensure your paper meets the style requirements. Please download the Style Guidelines attached. (Using MS Word to type directly into the Style Guide is the preferred method. MS Word is required for all manuscript submissions.
Please email initial submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org in an attached MS Word file no later than Monday, 25th Feb. 2013.
Once your manuscript has been revised and accepted, please mail an electronic prepared in MS Word in the format required in the EuroCHRIE Style Guidelines.
Information for Authors and Co-Authors
At least one author of each accepted competitive track or special session paper MUST ATTEND the 2013 Conference.
End of early bird registration: 31st April 2013
More information at www.eurochrie2013-freiburg.de
Registration will start soon!