The ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Case Study Competition and Publication Series is a annual initiative of ICHRIE that aims to:
- enhance the ICHRIE services and benefits to its membership
- create a new publication outlet of ICHRIE provide a new way of ICHRIE and its members to participate in the advancement of hospitality & tourism education
- foster and strengthen the communication between academia and industry within tourism and hospitality
- establish ICHRIE as a valuable source for hospitality & tourism educational material
- reinforce the role of ICHRIE as a communication hub and facilitator of knowledge exchanges between research, academia and industry in hospitality & tourism.
Worthy case studies submitted to the competition will be peer-reviewed and considered for publication in ICHRIE's electronic journal titled, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases. This e-journal is a new publication (started in 2011) that aims to fill in the publication gap for case studies in tourism and hospitality. Case studies provide innovative ideas, business (best) practices, professional dilemmas, and lessons learned from the tourism and hospitality reality. Hence, cases are an invaluable source of knowledge for educators, professionals and researchers alike.
In this vein, the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases is the first peer-reviewed publication in tourism that aims to act as:
- a clearinghouse providing educators with valuable case studies to enrich their educational and instruction methods;
- an internationally recognized publication outlet offering researchers the opportunity to publish their research work;
- a new benefit for ICHRIE members;
- an additional important contribution of ICHRIE to hospitality & tourism education and research.
The electronic journal, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases, is published annually and the number of journal issues per year depends on the number of case studies accepted for publication each year.
All case studies submitted to the ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Case Study Competition are double blind reviewed by three reviewers.
Each year, the three most highly evaluated and commented case studies submitted to the competition receive prestigious (financial and material) prizes as well as recognition and promotion in the annual ICHRIE conference and publication in the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases.
First Prize: US$1000
Second Prize: US$750
Third Prize: US$500
This is your opportunity to contribute to the hospitality & tourism education, in addition to being rewarded and recognized for your efforts.
7 April 2013
Deadline for authors who want to enter and participate in the ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Case Study Competition to submit their case studies via the ICHRIE website and the EasyChair submission platform.
30 June 2013
Deadline for authors who wish to solely publish their Case Studies in the e-journal, the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases, to submit their case studies via the ICHRIE website and the EasyChair submission platform.
Dr. Marianna Sigala
University of the Aegean
Chair, ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Case Study Competition
Editor, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases
The ICHRIE Johnson & Wales Case Study Competition is sponsored by