Central Federation ICHRIE Regional Conference
April 22 & 23, 2016
Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas State University and the Board of the Central Federation of ICHRIE are excited to announce our first annual ICHRIE Central Federation Conference. The inaugural conference will be hosted by Kansas State University and held at the Kansas State University Olathe campus, in the greater Kansas City area, on April 22-23, 2016.
This conference will be a great place to meet and share things that you are doing in your classroom, your research, and to discuss trends in the industry. Educators, researchers, industry professionals, and graduate students are encouraged to attend. The goal is to provide an opportunity to network, develop teaching and research skills, obtain feedback in presentations, and have fun.
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Proposals are invited for one of two tracks – education/teaching/pedagogy or applied research. A best proposal award and plaque will be given for each track.
- Proposals are due by Friday, March 4, 2016, and acceptance notices will be sent out no later than 5:00pm on Friday, March 18, 2016. All proposals will be double blind reviewed.
- Each proposal should consist of:
a. Page 1: A short abstract – no more than 50 words – that describes your proposal
b. Page 2-3: A 1-2 page extended abstract, with a minimum of 500 words (not including references) describing your project in 12-point, Times New Roman font, and single-spaced.
c. Page 4: References
d. Any special requests such as a need to present on a specific day or time. We will do our best to accommodate each request.
- There are three formats for the presentations. Please specify on page 1 of your submission, below the title and above the abstract, which format you are submitting for:
a. 20-minute stand-up presentation
b. 50-minute panel discussion/presentation/round-table or workshop
c. Poster presentation
- Participants are limited to a maximum of two single-presenter proposals or three total proposals if they are also participating in a panel presentation/workshop/etc.
- All presentations will take place in meeting rooms equipped with projectors, Internet access, screen, and laptops.
- All proposals should be emailed to the Conference Director, Kristin Malek, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All presenters are encouraged to register for the conference prior to April 8, 2016. Registration and accommodation information will be made available and distributed via email within the next few weeks.
- Registration prior to April 8 $125.00 for full time faculty
- Registration after April 8 and on-site registration $150.00 for full time faculty
- Adjunct faculty, secondary school instructors $75.00
- Students $50.00
We are excited about the inaugural conference and the opportunities it will provide to bring everyone together! Questions about the conference? Please contact Kristin Malek at email@example.com