Closing Date: Application review to begin immediately and continue until position is filled; apply by 1/15/2013 for consideration
Preferred State Date: July 1, 2013
Provide vision and leadership for the School of Hotel & Restaurant Administration (HRAD) at a time of increasing student enrollment and addition of new facilities. Lead faculty in implementation of a vision for excellence in hospitality education, scholarship and outreach at state, national and international levels. Foster the development of faculty in the attainment of their academic goals, recognizing the diversity of scholarly activities of faculty. Make administrative decisions pertaining to academics, facilities, fiscal matters, personnel, staffing, policies, program planning and development. Provide oversight to, in collaboration with Associate Director, activities related to undergraduate and graduate instruction, research, Cooperative Extension and engagement. Provide leadership for effective collaboration with the hospitality industry including oversight of the advisory board, external fund development, and cultivation of internship/career opportunities for students. Teach, as workload permits, selected undergraduate and/or graduate courses and maintain a program of scholarship. Advise masters and doctoral students in research/creative scholarship. Provide leadership in private fundraising to support program/facility development and scholarships. Provide oversight of hotel and restaurant laboratory instruction and operations.
- Earned doctorate in an appropriate area of specialization from an accredited university. One degree in hospitality administration/management required, and one degree in a business related field preferred.
- Ability to meet qualifications for rank of professor with tenure and full graduate faculty membership at OSU.
- Demonstrated success with development activities including fundraising and grant acquisition.
- Attained successful administrative experience appropriate to job responsibilities, including leadership, planning, program development, assessment, problem solving, public relations and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated success in working across units and programs.
- Achievement of national/international visibility through leadership in academic and professional organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, donors, and professional partners/industry-related constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate linkages with appropriate agencies, including national and international levels.
- Successful hospitality experience, to include oversight of revenue-generating operations, preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, research, professional service, Cooperative Extension and/or engagement.
- Willingness to pursue, promote, and encourage international opportunities/activities.
The School of Hotel & Restaurant Administration (HRAD) is one of four academic units (three departments and one school) in the College of Human Sciences. HRAD has 10 tenure-track faculty and 5 clinical faculty, approximately 390 undergraduate majors, and 46 graduate students. HRAD's educational facilities are comprised of classrooms, teaching laboratories, and faculty offices; teaching laboratories include a quantity food production kitchen; fine dining room management and table service laboratory (Taylor’s Dining Room); a quick-service restaurant laboratory (Westside Cafe), a premier boutique hotel (the Atherton Hotel) and a basic food preparation/sanitation laboratory. Special events facilitated by the School include the Distinguished Chef Series dinners, The Wine Forum of Oklahoma and the Hospitality Days career fair. Classrooms and teaching laboratories are fully equipped with multi-media and hospitality technology applications. Restaurant and hotel laboratories are open to the public to enhance students’ learning experiences. For 75 years, the School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration has been providing an outstanding education for future hospitality professionals. New facilities are planned to highlight HRAD in a new bistro dining teaching laboratory.
Application: Application acceptance and review will begin immediately and will continue until a candidate is identified. Applications will be accepted online at jobs.okstate.edu. Please search for requisition #08748. Nominations and expressions of interest will be held in confidence and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Applicants should upload a letter of application (2-page maximum), curriculum vitae, and contact information for five professional references. The letter of application should focus on the applicant’s work experience, education and achievements that document qualifications for the position.
Inquires? Contact Dr. Shiretta Ownbey, Search Committee Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01 (405) 744-5053.
Additional information: http://humansciences.okstate.edu/component/content/article/463