Job ID: 9352
Location: CUNY NYC College of Technology
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
The Department of Hospitality Management at New York City College of Technology, City University of New York, seeks an assistant professor with a history of significant travel and tourism experience. In addition to teaching, this position offers an opportunity to develop curriculum and programs in a dynamic and highly regarded department with strong links to industry. The Department of Hospitality Management is recognized internationally as the premier hospitality management program of the City University of New York. The department is accredited by ACPHA and offers both associate and bachelor's degrees. NYC College of Technology is located in downtown Brooklyn. A diverse student population of over 16,000 commuters attends day, evening, and weekend classes. More information about the college is on the website: www.citytech.cuny.edu Duties include:
- Teach courses in the diverse segments of the Hospitality Management curriculum including, but not limited to travel and tourism management, perspectives in hospitality management, research methods, and/or workforce management.
- Engage in program development, recruitment, and student advisement. Committee participation is expected, as well as other department, college, university, and/or community projects.
- Day, evening, and weekend curriculum and department duties may be required.
- Continued professional growth and scholarly contributions to the field are expected.
- Master's degree, Doctorate preferred
- Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years post-master's employment in their chosen field; applicants with specific and significant hospitality management industry experience will be most desirable
- Higher education teaching experience preferred Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How to Apply
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes will begin 11/29/13.
Job Search Category
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.