Instructor/Assistant Professor Travel and Tourism, Fixed Term one semester appointment for Academic Year 2014-2015.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
August 20, 2014 to December 26, 2014
Department of Geography and Planning: teach a combination of upper and lower division courses in support of the Travel and Tourism Major/Minor
Teach classes in the undergraduate Travel and Tourism Program in the Department of Geography and Planning that will include:
- World of Travel and Tourism (Europe, Asia, Africa), geography of outdoor recreation, tourism development and an upper division topics course in the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Collaborate with Travel and Tourism faculty in delivery of program curriculum.
- Provide service to and support for student organizations (TT Club) and activities (Travel and Tourism Career day, etc.)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Travel and Tourism, or related field
- Evidence of expertise and competence to teach the following undergraduate classes in Travel and Tourism; World of Travel and Tourism, geography of outdoor recreation; tourism development
- Evidence of ability to teach an upper division topics course related to travel and/or tourism
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- ABD or Doctorate degree in Travel and Tourism , or related field
- Professional expertise in Europe, Asia and Africa
- Support for department student organizations
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins June 6, 2014; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
- Teaching evaluations or evidence of teaching effectiveness
David L. Wall, Search Committee Chair
Chair, Department of Geography and Planning
Phone: 01 (320) 308-2095
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.