(Contingent on Budget)
Florida Gulf Coast University invites applications for a Chef/Instructor in the Resort & Hospitality Management (RHM) program. The ACPHA accredited Resort and Hospitality Management program is situated within the Lutgert College of Business (LCOB), and currently enrolls over 600 students.
The successful candidate’ responsibilities will include the following: develop, teach, and assess courses in areas of food preparation/service, catering/banquet management, and restaurant/foodservice management; manage the food production laboratory, dining lab, demonstration labs, and the beverage lab; develop and maintain liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners; and mentor students interested in careers in food & beverage.
- Master’s degree in hospitality management, business, or a related field
- Two years’ experience as a chef in a commercial kitchen
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective professional relations with vendors, students, colleagues, supervisors, and the community
- Relevant teaching experience
- Four years’ experience in food and beverage management
- Previous teaching experience in a college or university educational setting using lab facilities
- Experience in course and curriculum development & assessment
- ACF Certification, CCE Desirable
Applications will be accepted through October 15, 2014; employment will begin August 2015.
To apply for this position, please visit http://jobs.fgcu.edu and access requisition number 2102.
Applications are only accepted online.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employee