The Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics at K-State invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track assistant or associate professor with expertise in hospitality management to join a dynamic team of faculty and students engaged in scholarship and outreach. Criteria for the rank of associate professor can be found at http://www.kstate.edu/academicpersonnel/add/humecol/hotel/.
- Instruct and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Collaborate with faculty at K-State and other institutions to produce high quality research and publications
- Acquire external grants to support research and graduate assistantships
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees
- Support and contribute to K-State’s land-grant mission of teaching, research, and service
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited university in hospitality, tourism, or event management-related fields, ABD will be considered if doctorate is granted by the start date.
- Evidence of effective and innovative college-level teaching
- Industry-related work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in meeting, convention, and event management
- Well-defined research agenda
- Evidence of the ability to secure grants
About the Department & College
The Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics is comprised of two undergraduate programs, hospitality management (ACPHA accredited) with approximately 265 students and dietetics with approximately 255 students. In addition, we have on-campus and distance Master’s degree programs and a PhD program. Currently staffed by eight full-time faculty members and six professionals in K-State Housing and Dining Services who have joint teaching appointments, the department affiliates with hotels, foodservice operations, and healthcare organizations. The department is the home of the Center of Excellence for Food Safety Research in Child Nutrition Programs. Faculty members collaborate with researchers in business, agriculture, food science, K-State Research & Extension, psychology, and other areas in dynamic and innovative research ventures.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications
Starting Date: January 2015 or August 2015
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins October 17, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
Send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, research statement, names and contact information of three professional references, and other supporting documents to Jayme Reid, Administrative Specialist, Dept. of Hospitality Management and Dietetics, 104 Justin Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506. Electronic submission of application materials is preferred (firstname.lastname@example.org). A background check is required prior to employment.
Search Committee Chair:
Kevin R. Roberts, PhD
Kansas State University
Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics
152 Justin Hall
Manhattan, Kansas USA 66506-1404
Tel: 01 (785) 532-2399
Fax: 01 (785) 532-5522
Web Resources: Kansas State University: http://www.k-state.edu
College of Human Ecology: http://www.he.k-state.edu/
Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics: http://www.he.k-state.edu/hmd/
Kansas State University 2025 Vision: http://www.k-state.edu/2025/
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.