Florida Gulf Coast University invites applications for a Director of the Resort & Hospitality Management (RHM) Program. The ACPHA accredited Resort and Hospitality Management program is situated within the Lutgert College of Business (LCOB), and currently enrolls over 600 students. The Director reports to the Dean of the Lutgert College of Business. The Director is responsible for providing effective leadership of the RHM faculty and staff, planning and managing all academic, operational, and fiscal aspects of the program, interfacing with the business community and alumni, and successful fund raising. Review of applicant materials will begin on September 15, 2014 and continue until the appointment is made. Preferred start date is January 2, 2015.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited program in a hospitality-related field (e.g. hospitality management; business, or a closely related field).
- Previous experience partnering with both internal and external program stakeholders to develop a strategic vision (plan) for the program.
- Previous experience effectively supervising and evaluating the performance of faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence.
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining a current, practical, and relevant educational curriculum that will prepare graduates for careers in hospitality management.
- Accomplished record of research and scholarship that qualifies the candidate for appointment to the rank of associate or full professor
- Professional work experience in hospitality-related operations, management, sales, technology, customer service, finance, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the professional community and partner with industry.
- Scholarship and teaching record that qualifies candidate for the rank of full professor in the LCOB.
- Management and leadership experience in the hospitality industry.
- Teaching, research, and work experience in hotel, resort, club, or restaurant management.
- Experience with hospitality program accreditation.
- Demonstrated fund raising experience.
- Knowledge of PGA accredited Professional Golf Management programs.
To apply for this position, please visit http://jobs.fgcu.edu and access requisition number 2115.
Applications are only accepted online.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer