ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports
Academics, Practice, and Policy
The purpose of the ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports is to generate a series of peer-reviewed research reports that are based on academic research findings, and targeted towards industry practitioners and policymakers. ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports translate academic research findings into practical applications.
ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports interpret the extensive academic research of the ICHRIE community to inform industry practice and policymakers. These research reports also place ICHRIE in the strategic forefront of generating and widely disseminating translational research in the hospitality and tourism industries.
The ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports are electronically published with open access to all ICHRIE members. There is a nominal fee for non-ICHRIE members to support processing and publication costs.
Submission, Review, and Acceptance
- Submissions: All Research Reports must be submitted online through the EasyChair platform. Prior to submission, complete the pre-submission form at https://www.chrie.org/forms/dynamic.aspx?ModuleID=5&action=ShowForm&FormId=84. A link to EasyChair will be sent upon completion.
- Review process – Up to 3 editorial board members (more as necessary) will conduct a blind-review of the Research Report submissions. The Editor will assess these reviews and make the final decision of acceptance or rejection. The authors will be allowed to revise and resubmit the report based on reviewer comments. The first review cycle is likely to take up to 4-5 weeks. Authors will have no longer than 4 weeks to resubmit the revised versions at every successive review cycle.
- Acceptance: Upon acceptance, the research reports will be eligible for the following:
- Electronic, open access on the CHRIE website for all ICHRIE members. All members will be sent a web link for the research report.
- Cross postings of the ICHRIE research report link on various stakeholder websites.
- Selected reports will be invited to present at the research track of ICHRIE’s professional development academy.