ICHRIE has become an international organization with members from every continent in the World. At the same time, more and more hospitality and tourism faculty from emerging markets are searching to become a part of our international organization. The greatest challenge is the cost of their membership could equal a week’s salary and that makes it impossible for them to join our organization.
After several conversations with the different Federation representatives, current members of ICHRIE, and from individuals from these emerging markets, the ICHRIE Executive Board has agreed to allow us to conduct a pilot test to recruit new members from emerging nations. I do hope that you will support this initiative that is both timely, as well as needed, to expand our international reach across the world.
The Membership Committee recommended to the ICHRIE Executive Committee to create an Emerging Market Category. The Executive Committee accepted our recommendation and, as of January 2012, Federations with emerging markets can offer special rates for Individual and Premium memberships.
Emerging Nations Pilot Program Details:
- The Individual Membership rate is US$50 for one contact. (Annual membership fee is renewal for up to two years or to be determined by membership committee, during pilot program)
- The Premium membership the rate is US$500 for three contacts. (Annual membership fee is renewal for up to two years or to be determined by membership committee, during pilot program)
- Individual Memberships under the program will only receive electronic support. Printed publications will not be provided.
- This is a two-year pilot program and the Membership Committee will evaluate it at the end of every year.
- The number of memberships eligible for this program are limited to only 10% of each Federation’s current membership.
- The program is only available to NEW members.
If you would like to apply for the Emerging Nations membership, please contact email@example.com directly.
The Membership Committee felt that the Federations themselves were in a better position to understand WHICH emerging nations should be included in the pilot program and as a result, over 160* countries were chosen as eligible as “emerging nations.” The list of nations is posted below, however we anticipate these lists may grow in the coming months.†
International CHRIE List of Emerging Nations
|Antigua and Barbuda
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Vincent and the
Trinidad and Tobago
Countries in Europe
The African Continent*
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
North Korea (DPRK)
Northern Mariana islands
Papua New Guinea
Truk Staten Niue
*There are a number of “provisional” nations that are not universally recognized at this time. There is not universal agreement on the exact borders of “The Middle East.”
† The Federations help determine eligibility. Countries may be added to the list on a case-by-case basis. Federations may submit a request to the ICHRIE Board of Directors to add/revise their Federation list annually.