Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Hospitality Entrepreneurship
Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality
NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS)
The NYUSPS Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality is searching for a non-tenure track full time Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Hospitality Entrepreneurship. The start date for this position is Fall 2019. The rank of the position is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Position Description: The Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor position will provide full-time academic service to our undergraduate program in Hospitality and Tourism Management and graduate programs in Tourism Management or Hospitality Industry Studies. Full-time faculty members are expected to teach three (3) degree courses per semester. In addition to teaching, each faculty member assists with student advisement/activities and curriculum planning, recruits and collaborates with adjunct faculty, and nurtures industry relationships. Many of our faculty conduct extensive applied research in the field.
The Tisch Center: Located near the Washington Square campus in New York City, the Center enjoys an international reputation for innovative programs of undergraduate and graduate studies. This position is housed in the NYU School of Professional Studies, a dynamic and growing educational and research center. The NYU Tisch Center prides itself on its extensive industry connections and its dedication to students’ career development.
With more lodging brands than any other market in the world, our New York City location offers students unparalleled access to the hospitality industry. The Tisch Center takes full advantage of its location through sponsored research, site visits, guest lectures by prominent leaders in the industry, and internship experiences that give students an all-encompassing view of a multi-billion dollar industry that grows in volume and significance each day. The NYU School of Professional Studies is comprised of several other academic units that offer a wealth of opportunities for inter-disciplinary initiatives. NYU is a global network university with 13 international sites, allowing the development of international programs and student experiences.
Required skills and qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess advanced academic and/or professional credentials, with a terminal degree and relevant industry experience preferred. Experience teaching at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a selective university environment is preferred. More specifically, candidates for this position should possess:
- A demonstrated track record in organizational behavior and/or entrepreneurship
- Teaching experience or professional experience in the field of hospitality organizational behavior and/or entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated passion for applied and global pedagogy in line with the fast-evolving higher education landscape
- A keen interest in developing industry partnerships that benefit in-class pedagogy, the student experience and applied research
- The qualities of a team player, creative thinker, and dynamic innovator
Positions are open until filled. A first review of applications will take place on December 4, 2018.
To apply go to: apply.interfolio.com/55172
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer