Professional in Residence, Lecturer or Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) of Hotel, Resort & Hospitality Management
Management, Marketing & Hospitality
General Duties and Responsibilities
This is a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track position.
- Provide excellent instruction in undergraduate courses in hospitality management.
- Teach various hospitality courses including Introduction to Hospitality Management, Event Management, Tourism Management, Services Marketing, Meetings & Conventions, etc. New courses may be developed according to instructor expertise and curriculum needs.
- Grow enrollment/mentor students in the Hotel, Resort, and Hospitality Management major through various recruiting activities.
- Grow and nurture hospitality industry contacts for internships and career opportunities.
- Serve as advisor to students in the Hospitality Guild student club.
- Other duties as assigned.
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
- Either an earned master’s degree or an earned bachelor’s in a hospitality or business-related field with a minimum of 7 years hospitality-related work experience in a managerial role.
- Excellent teaching skills in various hospitality and tourism topics as demonstrated in university or corporate settings (e.g., corporate training, public speaking, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, and to interact positively with students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in recruiting desired.
Salary & benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience with a maximum of $65,000.
- Outstanding benefits package includes 14% employer contribution to retirement, affordable health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance, and employer contributions to HSA.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Finalists may be asked to provide official transcripts to verify master’s and/or bachelor’s degree(s).
- Student evaluations and other evidence of teaching experience/qualifications are highly recommended if available.
- “Other document-1,2,&3” are not required and are listed as
- “Optional Documents” for your convenience if you have other supporting documents that you wish to attach.
- If you have questions or problems with the application process, contact Human Resources as firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 (435) 586-7754