Lecturer or Assistant Professor, Global Hospitality and Tourism Management
California Lutheran University's School of Management invites applicants for a Lecturer or Assistant Professor position for our undergraduate program in Global Hospitality and Tourism Management beginning in the fall of 2018. Our campus has recently become an Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and we are looking for candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and success working in diverse, multi-cultural and multi-racial communities. Cal Lutheran encourages applicants from all faiths, and advocates for justice and fairness for all people. Cal Lutheran is an accredited, private, comprehensive university that engages students in critical inquiry and is dedicated to educating leaders for a global society. The campus is located midway between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, and is home to more than 2,800 undergraduate and 1,250 graduate students who come from 35 countries and represent a variety of faiths. 45.2% of Cal Lutheran students are from underrepresented groups, and 34% of freshmen are first generation students.
The School of Management is launching a new degree program in Global Hospitality and Tourism Management, and is seeking an enthusiastic individual dedicated to working with undergraduate students and nurturing their future careers in one of the most important industries in Southern California. The School offers a broad collection of majors and minors, and has created this program to meet the needs of its diverse student population and of its industry partners – local, national, and global. The major has been designed for academic rigor and a breadth of educational experiences to enable students to be successful in their chosen career.
The successful candidate will teach primarily undergraduate courses in global hospitality and tourism management, as well as other courses within the candidate's area of expertise. Additional responsibilities will include ongoing curriculum review/development, advising students, participating in university committees, and serving as a liaison with industry. The candidate will mainly teach, mentor, and advise a diverse population of traditional-age students at our main Thousand Oaks campus, but could potentially also teach courses in one of the School of Management's graduate programs.
A completed PhD in Hospitality Management or relevant discipline (Business, Marketing, Finance, Management) is desired, but ABDs and related Master's degrees will be considered. Evidence of quality teaching and mentoring, and experience working with a diverse student population, are vital qualifications. The ideal candidate also has demonstrated experience in working with / in the hospitality and tourism industry. Potential for scholarly research, established academic advising ability, and peer-reviewed journal publications is desired as well.
Make sure to include the following with your application:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications of the position and are prepared to support the mission of Cal Lutheran and its new designation as a HSI.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume (including a list of references we may contact).
- Teaching philosophy, specifically addressing how your teaching adapts to the needs of under-represented ethnic minority students and first generation college students.
- Statement of research/creative activities, as appropriate.
- Possession of an earned doctorate in Hospitality or Tourism Management (or relevant discipline) from a graduate institution of recognized standing, or a master's degree from a graduate institution of recognized standing plus extensive industry experience.
- Either proven or presumptive competence in instruction in his or her field.
- Either proven or presumptive potential for satisfactorily fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of a faculty member and for making significant contributions to the University community.
- ABD will be considered
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zvpm55jgtk7mrtsj