Executive Director, The School of Hotel and Restaurant Management
Northern Arizona University
The Executive Director of the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management is responsible for the administration of this highly ranked hospitality program. Reporting to the Dean of The W. A. Franke College of Business, the Executive Director is the main liaison for the School to the university and professional communities. As part of the Dean’s Leadership Team, the Executive Director works closely with the Dean, Associate Deans, development team, and university offices to elevate awareness of the program, coordinate marketing efforts and programs, and assist in recruitment of students. The Executive Director is also responsible for day-to-day operation of the School. Such responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and implementing the School strategic plan in collaboration with faculty, students, staff and external constituencies, leading the School’s effort to achieve University and College goals and initiatives, managing the School’s budget, ensuring the School operates in compliance with University and College policies, hiring and managing faculty and staff, leading and coordinating curriculum development, assigning and assessing the distribution of faculty workload, promoting excellence in instruction, scholarly productivity, and service, coordinating the professional development of faculty and staff, and developing, leading, and encouraging outreach and public service efforts in concert with the Dean and development staff. The Executive Director is expected to teach one course per semester. This is an administrative faculty, 12-month position. Faculty rank and/or tenure may be considered for successful candidates with appropriate faculty credentials as guided by The W. A. Franke College of Business faculty promotion and tenure criteria.
- Masters' degree in hospitality, business or a related field AND
- A current tenured academic position in hospitality management at a regionally-accredited institution of higher education
- OR 10 years of executive-level management experience in the hospitality industry
- Earned doctorate in hospitality, business or a related field.
- Hospitality industry experience as a vice president or other position with responsibility for more than local operations.
- Equivalent of three years of full-time college-level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Evidence of at least three years of successful academic administrative experience at the department head level in a hospitality program.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders such as students, faculty, staff, alumni and industry professionals.
- Evidence of, or potential for excellence in, working with multicultural constituencies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position go to http://www.nau.edu/careers (Position #603979).
Any questions about the position should be addressed to Ms. Shawnna Multine, Administrative Specialist, Sr., School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, at 928-523-8432 or Shawnna.email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 01 (928) 523-3312
This position will be open until filled or closed. The anticipated starting date for the position is July 1, 2019. We will begin reviewing applications October 29, 2018.