Dedman Chair in Club Management (Asst_Assoc_Professor)
University of North Texas
UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
The mission of the Hospitality and Tourism Management program is to educate students for leadership in the global hospitality and tourism industries and to advance the profession through excellence in teaching, research, and service. The program offers a B.S. in Hospitality Management, an M.S. in Hospitality Management, an M.S. in International Sustainable Tourism, and two 12-hour online Graduate Certificates in Hospitality Management, and Event and Tourism Management. The M.S. in Hospitality Management is offered as both resident and 100% online program. The Hospitality Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration.
The Robert Dedman Chair in Club Management
- Expertise in Private/Public Club Management
- The Robert Dedman in Club Management is supported by an endowment.
- Full-time tenure-track; tenured position depending on qualifications.
- Position available fall 2020.
- Nine month appointment.
- Summer employment may be available.
- Faculty appointment in the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- The Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management resides in the College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism
- Earned Ph.D. in Hospitality Management/Hospitality Administration; OR, consideration will be given to closely aligned doctoral degree with evidence of graduate coursework in hospitality field.
- Significant experience in private/public club management.
- Evidence of leadership in the private/public club management
- Graduate coursework in private/public clubs.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Established record of publications and scholarly presentations aligned with rank.
- Scholarship related to private/public club industry.
- Experience/coursework in distributed learning/web-based course development.
- Evidence of collaboration work.
- Evidence of private/public club partnerships, outreach, fundraising, and/or engagement.
Area of Specialty
Private/Public Club Management
This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Applicants Screening will begin March 2, 2020 and will continue until the position is closed.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/33364
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Statement of Research Interests