Washington State University Vancouver and the Carson College of Business invite applications for two (2) full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Hospitality Business Management (HBM) to begin August 16, 2018 at the rank of assistant professor.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Earned PhD in Business with a concentration in HBM or closely related field from an AASCB accredited institution or similarly recognized international program prior to the job offer date.
- Demonstrated ability to teach HBM courses, with a record of excellence in teaching and teaching effectiveness with a minimum of 9 months’ experience.
- Demonstrated record of research published in, and/or current research targeted toward, top-tier journals in hospitality and tourism.
- Evidence of teaching lower and upper division HBM courses.
- Relevant industry experience to support teaching and service, particularity in the lodging and/or tourism industries.
- Community outreach. Connecting students with local employers and internships or coordinating HBM program with community and employers.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a collegial environment with faculty, staff, and students, and with individuals and groups from a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies. The knowledge and ability to contribute to the equity and diversity mission as demonstrated by the submission of a statement on contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching four (4) undergraduate courses, and/or graduate courses per year (may be assigned in fall, spring, or summer) in the area of hospitality business management. Method of teaching courses includes face-to-face in Vancouver, online, and via streaming to Everett, Pullman, Tri-Cities campuses. Some travel to other campuses may be required.
- Conducting scholarly research and producing publications in top-tier hospitality journals.
- Serving on internal committees with other WSU faculty, external teaching partners, regional boards, community entities, and academic discipline.
To Apply: Application materials are posted online at www.wsujobs.com. Click on “search jobs” and filter by using employee type (faculty)and the location (Vancouver). Screening of applications will begin November 23, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
The online application will require the following:
- A cover letter addressing each of the minimum and each of the preferred qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught over prior three years or teaching experience if less than three years
- Statement on Equity and Diversity contributions (https://admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/sites/admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/files/Diversity%20Statement%20Guidelines.pdf)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (written within one year)
For information regarding the application process, please contact, Human Resource department at: email@example.com
For information regarding this position, contact Dr. Debra Sanders, Search Committee Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WSU is an EEO/AA employer and educator.