Assistant Professor of Business, Hospitality Management
Position No. F00296
Employment Type: Faculty
Salary: $65,000.00 - 75,000.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
Application: Submit a cover letter, resume or CV, evidence of teaching excellence such as actual student evaluations or, at a minimum, a summary of evaluations received (actual evaluations may be requested during the process), summary of Hospitality Management as well as Business courses taught and a copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (official transcripts will be required upon hire).
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by 11/27/2017.
Direct Inquiries Contact: Mr. Britt Mathwich (970) 248-1819
Summary: The Assistant Professor of Business – Hospitality Management, a tenure-track faculty member of the Department of Business, teaches Hospitality Management courses primarily at the undergraduate level, and preferably the graduate level. Colorado Mesa University (CMU) is a state-funded institution that emphasizes quality teaching and research. The Business Department at CMU is currently seeking AACSB accreditation and our application has been accepted.
The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester; teaching may involve online, hybrid, and/or distance delivery modalities. Involvement with professional organizations, scholarship in discipline, advising, and service to the department and to the campus is expected.
CMU is a modern campus nestled in beautiful western Colorado, home of Colorado’s wine and fruit country (including the famous Palisade peaches), with close access to some of the best outdoor activities in the region including skiing, hiking, biking, and many other activities. CMU, Grand Junction, CO, and the Grand Valley offer a great environment for quality of life and work/life balance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
- A terminal degree (PhD or DBA) in Hospitality Management or related field with at least 18 hours of Hospitality Management graduate coursework required as a minimum; ABD may be considered with degree to be completed by December, 2019
- Proven ability to successfully teach Hospitality Management and related courses
- Proven track record in scholarly activity is preferred, but future scholarly activity is expected
- Effective communication and organizational skills
Desired Education and Experience
- Certified Hotel Administrator, Certified Hotel Industry Analytics, and/or Certified Hospitality Educator designations desired
- Business industry experience strongly preferred given our hands-on, application-oriented approach
- Evidence of excellence in teaching experience in Hospitality Management, scholarship in discipline, service and advising
- Evidence of excellence in working with undergraduate and graduate students
- Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Link to Application: https://coloradomesa.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=46
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.