Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Hospitality & Hotel Management/Tourism Management (several posts)
The School of Hotel and Tourism Management offers a comprehensive range of programs in hospitality, tourism, and convention & event education at undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels. The School currently enrolls more than 1,400 students from 50 countries/regions and is staffed with 70 full-time faculty members drawn from 21 countries/regions.
Rated No. 1 in the world in the “Hospitality and Tourism Management” category according to Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019, placed No. 1 globally in the “Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services” category in the University Ranking by Academic Performance in 2018/2019 and ranked No. 1 in the world in the “Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism” subject area by the CWUR Rankings by Subject 2017, the SHTM is a symbol of excellence in the field, exemplifying its motto of Leading Hospitality and Tourism.
Through Hotel ICON (www.hotel-icon.com), the School’s groundbreaking teaching and research hotel and a vital aspect of its paradigm-shifting approach to hospitality and tourism education, the SHTM is advancing teaching, learning and research, inspiring a new generation of passionate, pioneering professionals to take their positions as leaders in the hospitality and tourism industry. Please visit the website at www.polyu.edu.hk/htm for more information about the School.
The appointees will be required to:
- teach and contribute to curriculum development at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and supervise research students;
- initiate, lead and participate in research, consultancy and other scholarly activities;
- undertake academic administration duties and departmental service; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Dean of School or his delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD or other recognised doctoral degree in a related discipline;
- substantial university teaching experience and an excellent portfolio of teaching in respective areas;
- substantial managerial experience in the industry directly related to the position;
- demonstrated academic leadership in hospitality and tourism through research, awards of research grants, scholarship and high-level consultancy in respective areas; and
- a track record of publication in internationally recognised journals in hospitality and tourism, with successful experience in research grant applications for the posts of Associate Professor and Professor.
Preference will be given to those with a strong research orientation, the potential to publish in high quality scholarly journals and a good teaching record. Applicants having at least two years of full-time industry experience in relevant areas are preferred. Applicants with extensive experience and a high level of achievement may be considered for the posts of Associate Professor / Professor.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An appropriate term will be provided for appointment at Associate Professor/Professor levels. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of Academic Staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Closing date for application: Consideration of applications should commence in mid-December 2019 until the positions are filled.